The reading level for this article is Novice
SUCCESS & EXCELLENCE
1. Who you know is equally important as what you know.
2. Success comes from both intelligence and persistent diligence.
3. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
4. Small people remain small because they think small, act small, or don’t act at all.
5. Preparation is essential. Understand the game before you play.
6. Do not rest on your accomplishments, build on them and use the power of compounding.
7. Consistent quality outperforms intermittent excellence.
8. I know I will be _________. Therefore I will be ___________. Fill in the blank.
9. The magic combination for business success is: planning + intelligence + hard work + networking + building systems + follow through.
10. The world is filled with opportunities just waiting to be found by an energetic and intelligent person.
11. A positive action left undone loses the magic benefit of time: compounding.
12. Not a single person whose name is worth remembering lived a life of ease.
13. Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny. – Steven R. Covey
14. The rich build assets that they use to purchase other assets. The poor only have expenses. – Robert Kiyosaki
15. Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners. – Robert T. Kiyosaki
16. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe it can achieve. – Napoleon Hill
17. One can get anything if he is willing to help enough others get what they want. – Zig Ziglar
18. Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. – Albert Einstein
KNOWLEDGE & LEARNING
19. The secret to knowledge is asking the right questions and being prepared for the people you encounter.
20. Who you know is equally important as what you know.
21. Learn from the best and never stop learning. Learn actively and know how to learn independently. The brain is one’s biggest investment.
22. The greatest risk of all is not taking risk while one is young and learning from his or her mistakes.
23. Since the way we learn is by making mistakes, the greatest risk of all it to wait too long to begin making those mistakes.
24. If one does not or cannot apply what they’ve learned, they have learned nothing.
25. The abilities to adapt to change and learn quickly are perhaps two of the most important skills a modern human can have.
26. It’s not only what you know; it’s how fast you learn what you don’t know. Creative destruction works in business, markets, and with knowledge.
27. Just as money compounds, so does knowledge and so do habits.
28. Thinking is the hardest work there is. That is why so few people engage in it. – Henry Ford
29. Imagination is more important that knowledge. – Albert Einstein
LIFE & KEEPING IT REAL
30. Do not squander time for that is the stuff life is made of.
31. When all resources; food, wildlife, trees, fuel, are destroyed, man will not be able to eat money.
32. Life is but a game, however, in this game the rules are not revealed until well into the game; and then, to only those courageous enough to seek them.
33. With life, what you get out is directly proportional to how much energy and intelligence you put in.
34. Seek to understand then be understood. – Stephen R. Covey
35. Money has little value if you are not happy. Be sure to have fun.
36. To have friends, invest time in being a friend.