The reading level for this article is All Levels
As entrepreneurs looking to grow our businesses, we mostly tend to focus on the marketing of our businesses (and I applaud this, of course). I’m known to get on my soap box and say, "If you don’t market today, you won’t have clients in 6 months. And if you don’t market consistently, you won’t have clients consistently." Obviously, marketing is crucial to staying in business.
One thing that’s become clearer and clearer to me over the years is that there’s also an INNER game to Client Attraction. Our mindset, our thoughts, our beliefs and how we FEEL, have a lot to do with what shows up in our lives and our business. What we think about, and how good or bad we feel, literally dictates the number of clients and the level of revenues we pull in.
Client Attraction is just that, PULLING in what we want.
I’ve been studying the Law of Attraction for many years and have been working on my own limiting beliefs for just as long. We all have these limiting beliefs. Stuff we heard when we were young, experiences that have shaped us and events we witnessed that created a deep impression on us.
It’s hard to escape, it’s even rampant in one’s family. Here’s what I heard (and still hear) in mine:
- If you eavesdropped on my family’s conversations when I was young, you would commonly hear the phrase "La vie est difficile" (Life is Difficult). This was just an accepted fact. And for a large part of my early life, it seemed like that was indeed true. I experienced many hardships and emotional setbacks. It seems indeed that life wasn’t easy, until I started working on my mindset and realized that it didn’t have to be that way.
- I was reflecting on how lucky and grateful I felt the other day as I was showing someone around my new house at the beach (and the boat and everything). This person looked at me quizzically and said, "Don’t forget, Fabienne, you have what you have not just because you’re lucky, but because you worked really hard for it. That’s the ONLY way to get what you want in life." Well, I was startled, because I now know that that’s only partly true.
I see both of these comments and thought patterns as being limiting. The truth is, I’ve asked for these things, believed I could have them, and invited them into my life, while taking action to get them. I essentially changed my inner game of attraction by changing my thoughts.
Want to know what I did to switch my INNER game of attraction, including Client Attraction? I’ve done much personal growth and development work, read a ton of books, but these are some things I’ve done recently that really stand out:
- I stopped thinking and saying that ‘life is difficult.’ Instead, I started saying ‘Life is Good’ over and over again to myself. I even went as far as getting ‘Life is Good’ hats, t-shirts and bumper stickers for our cars and our boat at www.lifeisgood.com. Not only do I want people around me to recognize that life CAN be good, but I want to remind myself of this every time I look around.
- I started building a book library that would help me change my mindset about what it takes to attract more money, clients, love, or anything into my life. And it’s all worked. My favorites are "Ask and It Is Given" by Esther Hicks, "Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting" by Lynn Grabhorn and "The Attractor Factor" by Joe Vitale.
- I’ve watched the movie The Secret ($4.95 at thesecret.tv) about 5 times in the last few weeks and will continue to watch it, over and over again, as I pick up something new each time.
What’s the common element to all of these books, movies, and sayings? That FEELING GOOD is the key to getting what you want, including clients. Here’s my formula for attracting clients.
- First, you have to get clear how many clients you need, and what type you want (only the good ones).
- Get in a good-feeling place and ask for the number and types of clients you want.
- Release your intention, feeling good about it, knowing that you deserve it, and that it’s on its way to you.
- Notice the happy coincidences that start to pop up around you.
- Take immediate action on these happy coincidences.
- Be grateful and continue to feel good.
Notice how FEELING GOOD comes up throughout? In my opinion, it’s the key to attracting all the clients and all the money you want (or anything, for that matter).
- Start changing what you say and think about your life or your Client Attraction situation. You can even say to yourself, "I attract clients easily and in large numbers."
- Read the books outlined above, and put them into practice. These are the Crème de la Crème.
- Watch the movie thesecret.tv as many times as you can.
- Get yourself in a good-feeling place and follow my INNER GAME of Client Attraction formula above.
- Never stop marketing and do what it takes to succeed (hey, you still gotta take action, but it doesn’t have to be a struggle).
Stick with this program, don’t give up. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes in a few weeks. The key is persistence. Once you do this, notice how many more clients come into your life. Notice your bank account. Then, write me an email at email@example.com to tell me about your success stories, OK?
By the way, if action marketing is the missing piece for you, there are dozens of worksheets in the Client Attraction Home Study System™ that will help you create a marketing message that will appeal to the right types of clients for you. You’ll also learn how to decipher what makes your business remarkable enough for others to talk about, how to create Raving Fans so you get clients to call YOU, and lots of other crucial stuff to help you fill your practice really quickly. You can read more about it and get a copy at www.TheClientAttractionSystem.com. (Why struggle when you can just attract clients easily?)