The reading level for this article is
Print off this page, take the quiz and find out if youve got what it takes! See the scale at the bottom to mark yourself.
Answer the following questions on a Scale of 1 – 5
1 – definately not 2 – not likely 3 – sometimes 4 – probably 5 – definitely
1) Do you have many hobbies (besides TV viewing and playing video games)? ____
2) Do you take a leadership role in group settings? _____
3) Can you discipline yourself to finish a project, even if it means late nights and low recognition from your peers? ____
4) Do you often think of new and innovative ways to do things? _____
5) Do you enjoy meeting new people? ____
6) Have you had success in the past in planning a project, and carrying it through to its completion? _____
7) Would you consider yourself a positive person? ____
8) Even when things go wrong do you try to “learn a lesson” from the experience? ____
9) Do you enjoy working alone? ____
10) Do you manage your time well? ____
11) Do you like to set goals and achieve them? ____
12) Do you like to take calculated risks to achieve an objective? ____
If most of your scores are 5s you have a very strong “entrepreneurial streak” and should strive for your goals.
If most of your scores are 4s and 5s with some 3s you can probably do well if you are planning to be self-employed.
If you scored mostly 3s and 2s, strongly consider whether you want to commit the time to starting your own business. You will need to work very hard to develop the skills needed to be a successful entrepreneur.
If you scored mostly 2s and 1s – its not likely youll be a successful entrepreneur without a GREAT DEAL of extra mentoring and help. BUT many people have achieved their dreams of self-employment even when they started out without all the necessary characteristics. Study, read and learn from people who have already been successful in business.
Wendy McClelland is a motivational speaker, marketing innovator and Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach who specializes in teaching people to “think without boundaries!” She is a past nominee for “Canadian Entrepreneur of the Year” and her clients have included software developers, an Olympic athlete and a wide range of business organizations. She has spoken to 10,000+ conference attendees, about Marketing, Internet Business and Motivation. You can contact her through her website –
Article Source: EzineArticles.com