The reading level for this article is All Levels
You’ve heard a hundred times before how important it is to have a plan for who to market to, an ideal client profile or target audience. In my book, it’s one of the most crucial things to put in place for attracting clients like crazy, because if you don’t know who you’re talking to, you won’t know what to say.
The question you now have to ask yourself is, "Have I chosen a viable target audience?" meaning, is it actually worthwhile to market to these people?
You can have all the focus, drive, good intentions to market to a group of people, but if they’re not easily reached in large numbers and inexpensively, if they don’t congregate often or they’re too difficult to locate, it’s going to make your Client Attraction attempts much more difficult.
Here are some questions to ask yourself (be a hard grader):
- Can you find them easily?
- Is there a "list" of these people somewhere—an association of them, support groups, alliances, for example?
- Are there enough of them? Even if your target audience is small in the grand scheme of the population, there still needs to be a massive number of these people for you to stay in business.
- Do they have a problem worth solving?
- Does this problem hurt enough?
- Do they have the ability to pay for your services?
Once you’ve gotten clear on a target audience or a niche, it’s important to ask yourself the hard questions listed above. Take out a sheet of paper and really answer these. If the answers are repeatedly "no," then consider looking for another niche. It’ll make the whole Client Attraction process much easier in the long run.
If you’re not sure where to start with fine tuning your target audience in the first place, check out The Client Attraction Home Study System™. Step by step, I take you through everything you need to do to stand out in the marketplace, pull clients in easily and consistently, and exactly what to say to turn them into paying clients. Get it today by going to www.TheClientAttractionSystem.com. You’ll also get hundreds of other ideas and resources to help YOU become a Client Attraction machine like thousands of my previous clients.