The reading level for this article is All Levels
What does this word mean to you?
What does it mean to ‘your’ web business and how do you ‘honor’ your customers?
Has your online business moved so far from this word that it now has little meaning?
Or more to the point, have you removed this word from your business vocabulary in search of online fame and fortune?
There is no simple answer to this question for it is one that only you as an individual can answer within your own heart.
I simply ask this question as I see too many online businesses relinquishing there own personal honor and business morals to obtain the quick almighty $.
Some examples are.
1. Use of Google Adsense on all pages just to make a few extra bucks.
2. The addition of ‘bonuses’ which have no real value but to get the sale.
3. Over pricing of books, services and software just because it is ‘online’
4. Advertising of any product you do not use or believe in for the sake of profits only.
5. Not helping customers as promised in your ‘sales copy’, even if they are difficult to handle or not as ‘smart’ as you would wish them.
5. Not helping customers to understand all they need to know in building there businesses successfully.
6. Sticking by your word and doing the right thing even when it means extra time and effort.
Of course there are many more items I could add to this list however I am sure you get my meaning.
This is not to say that I have not been guilty of such things above, I am also human and have made the same mistakes. However in doing so, each time I have quickly withdrawn the fault for my heart and soul always keeps me on my ‘toes’ to what is right and wrong.
Now for some of you reading this you may say, but all is fair in ‘peace and war’ of business doings.
But at the end of the day, if your son or father or best friend were your customer, would you take such advantage? I doubt not!
On the retiring of your life, will you look back on the ‘money you made’ or (more likely) will you look back on how you conducted your life?
For whether you are religious or not, I believe this. Humanity has a common value, not one that religions tend to take on as their own but a value that we as all humans are born with and one in which cannot be removed.
The value is ‘to improve our selves and within the right environment and context, help all others do the same’.
So if not, and this is only for you to judge in your own mind, start ‘honoring’ yourself, your business and your customers and the rewards will be much more than you can imagine.