The reading level for this article is All Levels
One of the most popular questions I get from people is on how to generate even more leads to their business, get more exposure and visibility to attract more prospects that will eventually turn into paying clients.
I’ve often said that the 3 best ways to attract clients quickly and consistently are:
- consistent networking,
- a stay-in-touch vehicle such as an ezine, and
- a Client Attractive signature talk.
What’s a signature talk? It’s the one talk you give that you start to be known for, referred for, and the one you’ll know like the back of your hand. It’s the talk you give over and over again, the one you’ve mastered and the one crafted to attract all the clients you need.
In my opinion, your title is more important than any other part of your talk. Why? It’s the one thing that will help you pull clients in like crazy, because it’s the one thing they can see first. You want to make it so compelling they’d cancel their Tuesday evening dinner plans just to see you speak.
Here’s how you can make your topic irresistible:
- Results: Mine happens to be called "How to attract all the clients you need" and it’s extremely popular, and the most requested talk among all the topics I offer. Are you surprised? You shouldn’t be, because that’s exactly what my claim is in the marketplace: When you work with me, I will help you attract all the clients you need, quickly, and consistently. Those are the results I promise. So, naturally, that’s what I called my signature talk, because it focuses on RESULTS that my ideal clients would do anything and pay (relatively) anything to get.
- How to: Aaaah, the ever-popular "How to" creates fantastic results for service business owners like us. Here’s a variation on mine: "How to increase your client base quickly and consistently."
- Numbers: Prospects just LOVE numbers in talk titles or articles. It makes them curious about what the steps or elements will be. A variation of my signature talk using numbers could be "5 steps to attracting all the clients you need."
- Percentages: We love to see how much something has increased or decreased. One example of this is "How to quickly increase your client base by 50%."
- Time periods: If you can be bold enough to say your talk’s advice can produce results in a very specific period of time, you’ll really get attention. Here’s an example: "How to increase your client base by 50% in just 3 months!" That will make someone curious enough to look further into your talk.
- Double, Triple, Half: Then, if you want to take it a step further and really get their attention, consider crafting a talk title that includes the words Double, Triple, or Half. Here are two examples: "How to double your client base in less than 6 months" or "How to attract all the clients you need, with half the stress."
Catch my drift? It’s easy once you get going.
Make a list of the most wanted result that your ideal clients are looking to achieve. Once you narrow it down to one really compelling result, try putting a twist on it with the following:
- How to
- Time periods
- Double, Triple, Half
You’ll find yourself being booked to speak more often and you’ll find attendance numbers to be greater. The more ideal prospects you fill a room with, the more clients you’ll get. Guaranteed.